Web And Network Security 2021
Data protection and web security are making headway in 2020 into 2021 as companies and organizations become more aware of data, or network security breaches with advancing technology.
Integrated Computer Services Inc., uses a mixture of data security best-practices as a managed service provider, offering a complete network security package to companies looking to gain a technological-edge as these services advance.
Network Security Layers, Collection & What to Address
As most organizations are building internal programs with logs or endpoints; these areas become the first layer of security.
What is the security process for a Log Focused Organization?
Working with ICS, a company that is log-focused organization will start with what is known as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions. Then they will add threat intelligence, endpoint and network data security measures.Working with ICS, a company that is log-focused organization will start with what is known as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions. Then they will add threat intelligence, endpoint and network data security measures.
What is the security process for an Endpoint Focused Organization?
An endpoint focused company may start with what is called Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). From there, the company follows the same as above by adding logs, threat intelligence and network data.
Network Data collection and storage is the last in both processes, due to network data being the hardest and most expensive. Many years ago, network data solutions provided specialized hardware to collect packets and only provided flow, and only the largest security programs could afford to collect and story network packets.
Now, any small or medium-sized business can affordably and efficiently collect & store their network data. ICS offers secure network infrastructure from the ‘ground-up’ offering traditional Network Security solutions, Cloud services and Remote data security & storage.
What Network Security Data Should be Collected & Analyzed?
Here at ICS we usually note to clients that not all data needs to be collected. The criteria for data collection should be based on the following:
- The maturity of your security program. With early program maturity, it is unnecessary to collect all of the data.
- The cost of collecting the data. Data comes in different forms and varieties; therefore the costs differ when it comes to collecting & storing that network data. For example, network packets will be more expensive than active directory logs.
- If there’s value within extractable data. For example, adding threat intelligence sources alone may not necessarily improve the value of your data sets.
ICS recommends the following starting points, in the following order:
- Logs (DNS, Network, Applications)
- Endpoint (Logs, Processes, Files)
- Network (Flow, Packets)
- Threat Intelligence
If you would like to know how Integrated Computer Services Inc could benefit as your managed IT provider and network security specialists – please call us at (201) 280-9160 for a custom network data solution.
Why Choose Us?
- Microsoft Certified Small Business and Azure Cloud Solutions Provider
- 24/7 Managed Services and Cybersecurity Bundled into Support Plans
- 100% Customer Satisfaction and 5 Star Google Business Review
- 100% US Based Nationwide Technical Support Team