Microsoft Corporation will cease to support Windows 2003 server starting July 14th, 2015. In other word, when this date arrives this server operating system will no longer receive critical updates or security patches. The only way to receive continued support for these servers would be through customer support agreements. Microsoft warns users that after support for these servers is up, there will be a huge spike in new security threats which will pose a significant security risk to Windows 2003 servers and networks. Companies who are still running Windows Server 2003 are urged to upgrade before support runs out.
- Integrated Computer services strongly recommends upgrading to Windows Server 2012 R2. There are many benefits that will come with upgrading to Server 2012 R2.
- This server is able to handle large workloads with a wide variety of recovery options. This server also offers a wide array of storage options all within your businesses budget.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 gives you the option of utilizing your applications on premise and in the cloud, end users will have secure access to your corporate network on all their devices.
- Users will now be able to utilize their virtual desktop with a wide range of storage options all within your budget.
If your Business is still running off of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 you should start implementing a game plan with ICS for upgrading before support runs out. It may seem like a long time away, but considering your upgrade options as soon as possible.
As a server installation company, Integrated Computer services strongly recommends upgrading to Windows Server 2012 R2. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue. Thank you
- Award Winning (MSP Mentor) Managed IT Services Provider
- Microsoft Silver Certified Partner & Small Business Specialist
- CompTIA Managed Services Trustmark Partner
- Premium B2B Cloud Computing Solutions Provider